Aztec Aquaplex Rules
- Please be courteous and respectful of others.
- Individuals may only use the facility during open hours and when an Aquaplex Lifeguard is on duty.
- Individuals under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted at the facility.
- Pool activities vary. Please check the facility schedule, or speak with a staff member to determine what activities are available. Classes, practices, and rentals may restrict the availability of some areas.
- Aquaplex staff is responsible for the safety of all facility users; follow their directions at all times. Aquaplex staff members have the final say in policy interpretation and enforcement.
- In an emergency, you will hear one long blast of a whistle; stop whatever you are doing and follow the Aquaplex staff’s instructions.
- Please report instances of personal injury immediately.
- Proper swimming attire is required; including bathing suits, board shorts, or rash guards. No jeans, cut-offs, street clothes, or inappropriate (G-string) bathing attire.
- "Deck Changing" or changing your clothes on the swimming pool deck is prohibited at all times.
- Please do not enter the water if you have open cuts, sores, wounds, infectious disease, or have had diarrhea, stomach flu or been severely sick in the last two weeks (14 days).
- Before entering the pool area, a hot soapy shower is highly recommended.
- Please put sun screen on at least 15 minutes before entering the pool.
- Rough housing and horseplay are not permitted in the facility.
- Dangerous pool entries, dives, and jumps are not permitted into pools or the spa.
- Please do not run on the pool deck.
- No smoking/tobacco at any time. SDSU is a non-smoking campus.
- Food and beverages may be brought in plastic containers. No glass containers are allowed. No food or beverages are allowed in pools.
- No roller-skates, roller-blades, skateboards, scooters, or bicycles are permitted within the facility.
- No pets allowed in the facility.
- Participants are encouraged to lock their valuables at all times. Aztec Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All guests must exit the water and pool deck ten (10) minutes before the posted closing time. All guests must exit the facility by the designated closing time.
- Water basketball and volleyball equipment is available to use on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please check out equipment from the office and return after use.
- Please return equipment (kick boards, pull buoys, rafts, etc) to proper storage bins after use.
- Children under the age of eighteen (18) may only use the facility during posted Family Swim hours and must be supervised by an adult (over 18 years of age) at all times.
- All flotation devices must be US Coast Guard approved. Individuals wearing a USCG approved lifejacket are reserved to the Recreation pool and must be within arm’s length of a responsible adult at all times.
- Participants are advised to have a physical examination prior to participating in any physical activity. Associated Students/SDSU assumes no responsibility for accidents or injuries that take place on Aztec Recreation premises.
- Repeated policy violations or actions that threaten the safety and enjoyment of others may result in the loss of access and membership privileges.
50 Meter Pool Rules:
- Lap lanes are for lap swimming only. If more than two (2) people are sharing a lane please circle swim by staying to the right.
- Do not swim under the bulkhead or through lap lanes.
- Starting blocks are not for recreational use. Qualified instructors or coaches are required for supervision during usage.
Diving Board Rules:
- Only one (1) person on a board at a time.
- Be sure that there is no one swimming under the board and the area is clear before diving or jumping off.
- Do not run on diving boards.
- Only one bounce is permitted on diving boards.
- Dive straight off the end of the board; do not attempt to jump off the side of the board.
- Swim to the nearest ladder or side of the pool and exit the diving area. Do not swim directly under the diving board.
- No unorthodox dives/jumps or dangerous activities or games will be permitted on the diving boards.
- The fulcrum must be kept below three (3) during open diving.
Hydro-Therapy Spa Rules:
- You must be eighteen (18) years of age to use the Hydro-therapy Spa.
- Elderly persons, pregnant women, and those with health conditions should consult a physician before using the Hydro-therapy Spa.
- Do not use the Hydro-therapy Spa while under the influence of medications that can cause drowsiness or that raise or lower blood pressure.
- Never use the Hydro-therapy Spa without an Aquaplex Lifeguard on duty.
- Long exposure may result in nausea, dizziness, or fainting.
- Observe reasonable time limits of fifteen (15) minutes in the Hydro-therapy Spa. Then leave the water to cool down before returning for another brief stay.
- Please do not submerge your head under the water for long periods of time.
- When maximum occupancy occurs please limit your time to fifteen (15) minutes.
- Children under the age of eighteen (18) must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Children who are not “water safe” must be within an arm’s reach of an adult at all times while in the water.
- “Water safe” is defined as a child who can safely tread water, control breathing, and demonstrate forward momentum above and below the water surface. Aquaplex Lifeguards have the discretionary authority to require an adult to be in the water with any child.
- Children, who are not toilet trained, MUST wear proper swim diapers.
- Children under the age of eighteen (18) are not allowed in the Competition Pool unless they have passed the deep water test.
- The deep water swim test includes one length (25 yards) demonstrating controlled breathing and constant forward momentum on the surface of the water; 30 seconds treading water, demonstrating ability to keep one’s head above water surface.
- For safety reasons, when floating lounges are in use there will not be “free-swim” in that section of the pool.
- Children under the age of eighteen (18) may not use the floating lounges.
- Non-USCG (United States Coast Guard) approved floatation devices are not allowed. Please check with Aquaplex staff to ensure any floatation device you bring in is acceptable prior to using it.
- Children wearing US Coast Guard approved flotation devices are not allowed in the Competition Pool and must be accompanied by an adult (in the water) at all times.
- Please do not hang on lanes, ladders, ropes, or rails.
- Children may bring appropriate swim toys. No hard toys, balls, or squirt guns.
- Children are not permitted in the Hydro-therapy Spa.
AR MEMBER HANDBOOK