The Climbing Wall is an Aztec Recreation membership benefit. Located inside the ARC and supervised by the Aztec Adventures team, the wall is 30 feet high with 9 top ropes giving 1500 square feet of climbing space. To climb members must complete the one-hour Safety Orientation Class.
Not a member? Try a FREE WEEK.
Climbing Wall Safety Orientation
All those wishing to access the climbing wall must register and complete the climbing wall safety orientation program.
Safety Orientation Sessions
Each session is one hour. Successful completion of the one-hour safety orientation class is required to climb regardless of experience. Choose from the following dates and times.
Mon, Jun 20 - Fri, Aug 19
Tuesdays and Fridays
Mon, Aug 22 – Wed, Dec 14
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 2pm-3pm
Friday - 6pm-7pm
Four Steps to complete the Climbing Wall Safety Orientation
- View Climbing Wall Pre-Orientation Video
- Register through AR Online Services or at the ARC front desk
- Review the Climbing Wall Orientation Quiz (PDF)
- Attend the Climbing Wall Safety Orientation Session. Anyone scoring less than 100% on the quiz will not be permitted to continue with the climbing wall orientation session
- Avoiding risk and injury
- Belaying Skills and communication
- Procedures & policies
- Equipment use and care
- Attitude & etiquette towards safety