Grab your coworkers and get outside! SDSU staff & faculty find physical and mental health benefits to incorporating walking on campus whether it’s just a few minutes in between meetings, moving during lunch break or avoiding traffic after work. Getting steps in helps individuals reach the Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommended 75-150 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity per week. Below are two loops to help you track your mileage and manage your time.
*QUICK TIP: NEXT TIME YOU HAVE TO GO ACROSS CAMPUS,
LEAVE 20 MINUTES EARLY AND TAKE THE LONG WAY
- Approximate Distance: .5 miles
- Estimate Duration: 10 minutes
- The scenic loop takes you through the major walkways of SDSU.
- Approximate Distance: 2 miles
- Estimate Duration: 30 minutes
- The intermediate route takes you through the main campus with one hill under the shelter of the Campanile park trees.