Learn to Swim Level 1
The Learn to Swim Level 1 course is designed to familiarize youth to swimming with the course objectives while focusing on staying safe in, on, and around the water. The Level 1 course involves introductory water skills to help acclimate students to the aquatic environment while providing an interactive learning experience.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- Enter and exit water using ladder, steps or side
- Blow bubbles through mouth and nose
- Open eyes under water and retrieve submerged objects
- Front and back glides and floats
- Recover to vertical position
- Roll from front to back and back to front
- Tread water using arm and hand actions
- Alternating and simultaneous leg actions on front and back
- Alternating and simultaneous arm actions on front and back
- Combined arm and leg actions on front and back
- Learn how to stay safe, including recognizing an emergency and knowing how to call for help
- Learn how to stay safe in, on and around the water, including the use of a life jacket, recognizing lifeguards and sun safety
COURSE COMPLETION SKILLS:
- Enter independently, using either the ramp, steps or side, travel at least 5 yards, bob 5 times, then safely exit the water.
- Glide on front at least 2 body lengths, roll to a back float for 5 seconds and recover to a vertical position. (*This skill can be performed with assistance)
There are no upcoming Learn to Swim Level 1 classes currently scheduled.
Please check back at a later date for future Learn to Swim Level 1 Schedule
For further information please contact Aztec Aquaplex staff by calling (619) 594-7946