Learn to Swim Level 3
The Learn to Swim Level 3 course is designed to develop the fundamental swimming strokes while focusing on staying safe in, on, and around the water. The Level 3 course builds on skills learned in the Level 2 course while working towards a goal of swimming independently. This course introduces some of the main swim strokes and skills including but not limited to front crawl, elementary backstroke, and kicks such as the breaststroke and scissors kick. Level 3 participants will develop additional water safety skills including treading water, side breathing and headfirst entries.
We recommend participants complete the Learn to Swim Level 2 course prior to enrolling in Level 3. However, previous swim experience and/or successful completion of the course objectives for Level 2 fulfill the course prerequisite requirements.
- Enter water by jumping from the side
- Headfirst entries from the side in sitting and kneeling positions
- Bobbing while moving toward safety
- Rotary breathing
- Survival float
- Back float
- Change from vertical to horizontal position on front and back
- Tread water
- Flutter, scissor, dolphin and breaststroke kicks on front
- Front crawl and elementary backstroke
- Learn to look carefully before entering the water
- Learn to perform simple non-swimming assists
- Learn to recognize, prevent and respond to cold water emergencies
COURSE COMPLETION SKILLS:
- Jump into deep water from the side, recover to the surface, maintain position by treading or floating for 1 minute, rotate one full turn then turn as necessary to orient to the exit point. Level off, swim front crawl and/or elementary backstroke for 25 yards, and then exit the water.
- Push off in a streamlined position then swim front crawl for 15 yards, change position and direction as necessary, swim elementary backstroke for 15 yards, then exit the water.
There are no upcoming Learn to Swim Level 3 classes currently scheduled.
Please check back at a later date for future Learn to Swim Level 3 Schedule
For further information please contact Aztec Aquaplex staff by calling (619) 594-7946