Learn to Swim Level 4
The Learn to Swim Level 4 course is designed to develop the fundamental swimming strokes while focusing on staying safe in, on, and around the water. The Level 4 course builds on skills learned in the Level 3 course while working towards a goal of swimming independently with more refined basic strokes of front and back crawl. In Level 4 students will be introduced to breaststroke, butterfly, and sidestroke while refining skills already developed in Level 3.
We recommend participants complete the Learn to Swim Level 3 course prior to enrolling in Level 4. However, previous swim experience and/or successful completion of the course objectives for Level 3 fulfill the course prerequisite requirements. Additionally for the Learn to Swim Level 4 course, participants must be able to successfully pass the *Aztec Recreation Deep Water Swim Test.
*Aztec Aquaplex deep-water swim test:
The first part of the swim test consists of swimming 25 yards freestyle at the surface without stopping or touching the bottom of the pool. The second part of the test consists of treading water for 30 seconds.
- Headfirst entries from the side in compact and stride positions
- Swim under water
- Feet first surface dive
- Survival swimming
- Front crawl and backstroke open turns
- Tread water using 2 different kicks
- Front and back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly
- Flutter and dolphin kicks on back
- Learn to look carefully before entering the water
- Learn what to think about and do when exhausted or caught in a dangerous situation
- Learn to perform simple non-swimming assists
- Learn about recreational water illnesses and how to prevent them
COURSE COMPLETION SKILLS:
- Perform a feet first entry into deep water, swim front crawl for 25 yards, change direction and position as necessary and swim elementary backstroke for 25 yards.
- Swim breaststroke for 15 yards, change direction and position as necessary and swim back crawl for 15 yards.
- Submerge and swim a distance of 3 to 5 body lengths underwater without hyperventilating, return to the surface, then exit the water.
There are no upcoming Learn to Swim Level 4 classes currently scheduled.
Please check back at a later date for future Learn to Swim Level 4 Schedule
For further information please contact Aztec Aquaplex staff by calling (619) 594-7946