Parent & Child Aquatics
This class is designed to familiarize young children from ages 6 months to 3 years old and their parents how to safely work with their child in the water. This class is focused on increasing a child's comfort level in the water while creating a positive experience in a friendly group lesson format. There are no pre-requisites for this course; however aparent or guardian must accompany their child in the lesson.
* Children who are not potty trained must wear non-disposable swim diapers. These diapers can be purchased at the Aquaplex front desk for $6/each. Children are not permitted to participate without appropriate swim attire.
- Learn how to enter and exit the water in a safe manner.
- Feel comfortable in the water.
- Explore submerging to the mouth, nose and eyes completely.
- Explore buoyancy on the front and back position.
- Change body position in the water with support.
- Learn basic water safety rules and how to avoid water hazards around the home.
- Learn how to stay safe in, on and around the water, including knowing how to stay safe in the sun and how to avoid recreational water illnesses.
- Learn how to call for help and the importance of knowing first aid and CPR.
09/14/19 - 09/28/19
Class Meetings: 3
Non-AR Member Price: $30