Compete in a variety of team and individual sports each semester.
Most sports offer competitive and recreational divisions for players of all experience levels. Leagues include weekly games that run four to eight weeks and conclude with playoffs. Tournaments range from one-day events to back-to-back weekends. Games take place on campus at Aztec Recreation facilities including the ARC, the Aquaplex and the Recreation Field. Champions from each division earn the coveted Intramural Sports Champion T-Shirt!
Intramural Sports at San Diego State University offers Aztec Recreation members the opportunity to participate in sport leagues and tournaments on a competitive or recreational level. Intramural Sports is included in Aztec Recreation Membership. Individuals can form a team with friends or sign up independently. All skill levels are welcome!
Intramural Sports programs fill-up on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Register early to ensure your spot!
A FREE AGENT is an individual who wants to participate in an Intramural league, but does not have a team. If there are enough free agents interested in a specific sport and league, a free agent team will be created at the free agent meeting prior to the beginning of the season. Free agency offers the opportunity to participate, be active, and to meet new people.
Every team is required to have a team captain whose responsibility is to:
- Facilitate the online registration
- Maintain a current credit card at the ARC front desk in case of forfeit
- Review the Intramural Sports Captain Video, then successfully complete the mandatory Captain’s Quiz prior to creating a team on IMLeagues
- Relay all information conveyed from the IM Sports office
- Be the spokesperson for their team throughout the season
- Facilitate roster modifications before the rosters close at the end of the regular season
- Continue to be an accountable, reliable and responsible representative of their team throughout the season
- Gather teammates information and include them on your registration roster
- Limit team roster to 25
- Lead your team and determine if you will conduct practices. Practice is not mandated by the Intramural Sports office
CompetitiveThese are highly competitive and top teams with a good sportsmanship rating advance to playoffs.
RecreationalThese are less competitive and more recreational; top teams advance to separate playoffs.
Open LeaguesThere are no different levels of competition for these leagues, unless noted. There are no gender requirements for this league. Top teams with a good sportsmanship rating advance to playoffs.
FraternityThese are Fraternity competitive leagues. Only IFC/USFC Fraternities can play in this league. Teams play and advance to a separate playoff.
Women'sThese leagues are for women only.
SororityThese are Sorority-only leagues. Teams play and advance to a separate playoff.
Co-RecTeams are comprised of both men and women with an equal number of each gender playing in the game, or otherwise stipulated in the rules. Top teams advance to playoffs.